It’s GIFT IDEA WEEK here at Clever Girl Organizing! Every day this week, I’ll bring you a list of some of my favorite gift ideas, from the perspective of being organized!
Today’s list: Top Ten Ideas for Staying Organized While Traveling! Know someone who travels a lot? Here are some great ideas to make the trips easier and more organized:
1. Grid-It – This is a flat board that has woven elastic straps on the top, allowing you to securely attach items of different sizes and shapes. Commonly used for electronics (devices, cords, chargers, etc.) or for other small items. Comes in multiple sizes, to fit your needs.
2. Packing Cubes or Folders. These are items that allow you to pack items more compactly, and better use the space inside a suitcase. Some good ones out there, like the ones from Eagle Creek.
3. Travel Chargers. Many people travel with multiple devices these days. Having one charger that can handle multiple devices is a great space saver for an individual or family with multiple devices. Something like this Anker device can handle different kind of devices with different wattage requirements… keeping the whole gang charged and happy!
4. Aero-Tray. If I flew more often, I’d totally have this on my wish list this year. Aer0-Tray is a new product, available on TravelSmith, which allows you to still use your airplane tray while also using your laptop computer.
5. Bag Bungee. Make walking with more than one bag easier by making double duty of your roller bag handle.
6. Lay-n-Go. A drawstring pouch that opens up flat, and closes back up easily. No more digging through what you packed to find small items. Lay-n-Go came to market first with a great solution for LEGO and other small-item play time, and recently released the cosmetic bag.
7. Pill Planner. Organize any medication you have to take, keeping track of either daily, or multiple-times-per-day. I like this one for multiple doses per day:
8. Document Holder. Keeping travel documents, passport, money, credit cards, in a secure pouch can be a big help to organized and safe travel. Many pouches today will offer RFID security, helping to protect from identity theft, as well.
9. Luggage Scale. The cost of overweight luggage can add up! Know what you’ve got before getting into trouble with a luggage scale.
10. The Wingman. The Henty Wingman, out of Australia, is a unique bag which allows for the rolling of a pressed suit and a shirt without wrinkling, and can hold other things, as well. It’s the priciest item on the list, but for the frequent traveler who requires a suit or jacket, this may be a game changer for brief-but-organized travel.