As the end of 2016 nears, we’re all a bit overwhelmed, aren’t we? And we’re looking around our homes and saying, “Ugh! I have to get this place more organized! Next year! That’s the year I conquer clutter and chaos, once and for all!” I can hear the resolutions in the air… I know you’re out there. Don’t worry: HELP IS ON THE WAY!
It may seem a little premature to start talking about 2017, which starts on January 2, but there is no time like now to help people start thinking about their desire to have a fresh start at getting organized and make a plan!
I launched the Clever Girl Organizing Challenge in 2014 with 14 weeks of kick-start support and guidance, and it grew in 2015 and again in 2016. In 2016 over 800 people joined in as we launched a Facebook Group created to help support each other in the Challenge. It was amazing to have so many participants, and I was overwhelmed by the excitement and enthusiasm (and the heartfelt thank you notes I received) for creating an inspiring and supportive program for people to launch the new year and get their homes and lives in order.
So, when it was time to look towards 2017 and how to take the best of what I’ve learned the past 3 years to create the new Challenge, I cherry-picked the best of what we’ve done and added some new features.
Whether you’ve joined in the past few years, or this is your first Challenge, if you’re ready to conquer clutter and chaos once and for all, this is going to be the place for you!
Here’s what I’ve learned, and how we’re making this year’s Challenge the best because of it:
- SHORTER IS BETTER. We’re going a little shorter. Last year, 16 weeks just was too long to keep people focused and energetic consistently. I could tell people were fading after about week 8 or 9. So, we’re doing shorter challenges, 7-9 weeks each, or “Chapters”. Our first one starts January 2nd, and will go through the end of February.
- BREAKS REFRESH FOCUS. In 2017, I will offer four separate Chapters, each focusing on a different season and goals.
- Resolutions Chapter – January and February. Kick-Start the new year with all the support and focus you need to get your space in shape!
- Spring Cleaning Chapter – March and April. We’ll focus on all those tasks around the home that we know are important to keep our investment strong.
- Back to School Chapter – August -September. Focusing on all those time management and productivity challenges that this time of year can bring… even if you don’t have school-aged kids at home!
- Ready-For-The-Holidays Chapter – November-December. Getting everything in order from entertaining to gift gathering to managing that social calendar full of obligations, you’ll feel like you’ve got a workshop full of elves helping YOU!
- COMMUNITY IS AWESOME. The Facebook Group was key for people to participate and stay accountable. We’re doing that… but we’re doing a new members-only group for everyone who signs up for the Challenge Chapters. The old group will stay around a supportive Facebook community, but it won’t have the fresh Challenge content for 2017. It is, however, a great way to re-do the 2016 challenge, and I’ll repost all of those there for you to DIY.
- CONNECTION IS KEY. I loved connecting with people and commenting on specific questions people had, and people reached out to me privately for more support… so we’re taking that to Facebook Live! Weekly Q&A where you can get real-time connection with me on whatever is going on for this week, or the Challenge as a whole. Challenge participants can also get discounted rates on Virtual Organizing sessions with 1:1 focus.
- ACCOUNTABILITY MAKES A DIFFERENCE. We all know this one already; when we’ve got some investment, we tend to work harder and stay engaged. In 2017, each Chapter will have a membership price of $20.17 for participation. And selecting membership in all FOUR Chapters comes with a 20% discount when you opt for the full 2017 Bundle.
So, what comes first? For the Resolutions Chapter, we’re going to do some spaces that every Challenge needs (yes, we’re always going to clean out our Tupperware stash and junk drawers!) but we’re also going to focus on some new and specific areas, like how we’re managing our paperwork or getting the “important-but-not-urgent” work done in our life.
What to do now:
- Sign up for the Clever Girl Organizing Challenge – 2017 Resolutions Chapter or select the full 2017 4-Chapter Bundle and receive a 20% discount.
- As we approach January 2, you’ll receive specific information about joining both the Resolutions Chapter Facebook Group and how to get access to the Members-only information that will be available on Clevergirflorganizing.com
- Share this post with your friends and family to encourage them to join with you!
- Enjoy the rest of 2016, and get ready to conquer clutter and chaos, once and for all!