Policies You Should Know
The following outlines the policies for Clever Girl Organizing, updated January, 2020. All policies are subject to change without notice.
IN-PERSON ORGANIZING CLIENTS:
- Initial Consultation and Needs Assessment. In this 60-75 minute initial meeting, I work with the potential client to identify and define the organizing challenges and goals. If the client does not have total autonomy in decision-making with regards to the project(s), any other adult whose space is being affected should ideally be present for the initial Consultation or review of any proposal. CGO is not responsible for communication gaps between household members.
- Session minimums are 3 hours, which starts from the moment I arrive until the moment I leave your home. I round to the nearest half-hour. Unless otherwise agreed to in advance, the 3-hour minimum is in place for all in-person meetings. Sometimes, we need to end early, but the 3-hour minimum payment will be due.
- Confirmations: Unless otherwise stated, CGO will not call to confirm appointments.
- In-Person Sessions: Organizing sessions require the participation of the Client unless otherwise agreed.
- Interruptions: For us to have an effective session, we’re going to need to focus. I know not all interruptions can be planned for and avoided, but please take steps to minimize interruptions from children, pets, visitors and phone calls that come while we’re together.
- Get Ready: Before our session, be sure you’ve eaten and are ready to focus. Stay hydrated while we work together. I’ll bring my own water and snacks, so you don’t have to worry about me! We’ll take breaks as we need them.
- Cancellation Process: It is the responsibility of the client to reach out to actively cancel a session if it becomes necessary. For appointments with cancellations 48 or more hours before the appointment, there is no cancellation fee. Reach out via telephone, to avoid any issues with emails or texts not being delivered.
- Less than 48 hours: The client will be charged for one-half of the hours booked, either to be billed or deducted from an existing package. Billed amounts must be paid in full prior to next appointment or in 30 days, whichever is sooner.
- No-shows and Last Minute Cancellations: From 120 minutes before our scheduled session, including a no-show if I arrive at a client’s home, and the client isn’t home or able to work, and hasn’t called, the full session will be charged, either to be billed or deducted from an existing package. Billed amounts must be paid in full prior to next appointment or in 30 days, whichever is sooner.
- Inclement Weather: Weather can be a wrinkle, both for my safe driving to your home or if you planned on working but now school is closed and you have childcare on your mind. Typically, we’ll connect as an appointment gets closer and the weather is predicted to be a factor, and we’ll make a mutual decision on how to proceed.
- Right to waive: Clever Girl Organizing alone reserves the right to waive any cancellation fees.
- Fees are due and payable at the completion of each session unless otherwise arranged in advance.
- Payment types accepted: We accept payment by cash, check, or bank transfer via Intuit Payment Network. Checks should be made payable to “Clever Girl Organizing, Inc.”.
- Insufficient Funds: There will be a charge of $35 for any check returned for insufficient funds or any bank draft item that is not payable for any reason, as well as additional collection and/or legal fees to compensate for overdraft charges and unpaid account balances.
- Cancellation fees must be paid in full prior to next appointment or in 30 days, whichever is sooner.
- Firearms and weapons: Please take care to remove these items from any space we work in together, and secure them somewhere else safely
- Private, “personal” items: Let’s just put it this way: If you’ve got something that you think either you or I might be embarrassed if I came across it, please take a moment to place it somewhere else.
- Working with minors: Sometimes, I’ll work with children, tweens or teens. I only do so with the parents’ explicit permission, when the parents are also home. I treat the confidentiality of these clients the same as I would all clients.
Other Services, Direct Costs, and Vendors:
- Supplies and Solutions: Clients are responsible for paying for the supplies and solutions for the project. CGO will either make suggestions for the Client to buy OR will purchase the supplies, ensuring delivery to Client’s location.
- Shopping and Research Time: The fee for any extensive research (30 minutes or more), shopping and returns is one-half of the hourly rate. Receipts will be presented at or before the next appointment for reimbursement.
- Other Direct Expenses: Direct expenses, including, but not limited to, copying, shipping fees, delivery charges, parking, are the Client’s responsibility. They will be billed to Client at the time of service.
- Other Vendor Services: During an organizing project, it may be appropriate to work with other service providers that are not provided by CGO, such as cleaners, movers, furniture assembly, junk removers, carpenters, physical labor, etc. At a Client’s request, we will seek to find service provider options; Clients, however, will contract directly with such service providers, holding CGO harmless for the actions or performance of other service providers.
- Travel time: CGO will travel, without charge, twenty (20) miles or thirty (30) minutes each way, whichever is shorter. Any travel time above that will be charged at fifty percent the hourly rate, starting at 30 minutes or 20 miles. Travel fees may be waived at our sole discretion. When travel fees apply, any tolls will be charged to the client, as well. Clever Girl Organizing alone reserves the right to waive any travel fees.
Privacy & Confidentiality: Given the sensitive nature of the work we do and the high level of trust it requires our Clients to place in us, Clients can be assured of absolute privacy when working with us. As a member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals and is a Certified Professional Organizer, under the Board of Certified Professional Organizers. Clever Girl Organizing adheres strictly to the NAPO Code of Ethics and the BCPO Code of Ethics, emphasizing confidentiality, honesty, and integrity.
Fee Disclosure: Clients agree not to disclose to others our fees for services.
Restrictions and Liability
Restrictions: CGO reserves the right to withdraw from an organizing project at any time if the project involves perceived unsafe working conditions, if Clients are in breach of their agreement with us, or if we cannot render the services requested by Clients through no fault of our own. We request that clients remove and secure firearms from work areas before appointments. Other items may be requested to be handled only by the Client, such as jewelry, valuable collections or medication.
Limitation of Liability: Client will review all materials that CGO recommends be disposed of by means of recycling, shredding, donation, resale or any other means. We help the Client make decisions, but the final decision is always the Client’s to make. Client agrees that CGO is not responsible for any loss of damage caused by Client’s failure to carefully review or inspect any discarded items. The Client agrees that the homeowner’s policy is the primary insurance policy for any property damage claim.
Client agrees to indemnify, defend, release and hold Clever Girl Organizing, Inc. harmless of, from and against any and all costs, losses, claims, damages, liabilities, expenses and other obligations (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) asserted or recovered against or incurred by Clever Girl Organizing, Inc. in connection with the services proposed or provided herein. CGO, Inc. makes no warranties express or implied in connection with the services provided or proposed herein. Customer acknowledges that results are purely subjective and may vary between customers.
Photographs, Testimonials, and Future Contact:
- Photographs and Testimonials: Clients give CGO permission to use, anonymously, without remuneration, testimonials, and Before & After pictures of their location (edited for identifying information), in marketing materials, including print and online. You will be shown the photo before it is used, and if you object to having it “out there”, then that’s as far as it goes!
- Mailing List: Clients agree to be added to a mailing list for referral offers and newsletters from CleverGirlOrganizing.com, but can unsubscribe at any time.
- Client Satisfaction: Clever Girl Organizing strives to meet a 100% Client satisfaction level. It is our responsibility to analyze your situation, teach you appropriate new skills and help you make the changes you want. If CGO fails to meet any realistic expectations, we will schedule a complimentary session to make any necessary adjustments.
VIRTUAL ORGANIZING CLIENTS:
In addition to policies above, the following apply to Virtual Organizing Clients:
- It is the responsibility of the client to call / video-connect at the scheduled call in time. Additional time will not be added if the client calls in late.
- Cancellations: a 24-hour notice is required for cancellations. Please use the telephone, to prevent mishaps from undelivered emails or texts.
- No-show for appointment: Should you not contact Clever Girl for your scheduled call, the session is forfeited and will not be reimbursed
AFFILIATES AND RECOMMENDATIONS: On the website and in other social media, I will occasionally recommend products or services for sale. I do this when I believe there is value to the product or service, based on either my own personal experience or reviews of that product/service, or relationships I have with the provider. In some cases, I will be compensated if you make a purchase. I may also receive the product for free in order to consider the item and provide a review; I always recommend you do your own due diligence before making any purchase, and that you never purchase a product or service that you cannot afford.
TESTIMONIALS: The testimonials shared on this site are specific personal results, based on the challenges, goals, and efforts of individual situations. They are not intended to express or guarantee that equal or similar results are attainable by all.
DISCLAIMER: I have made every effort to accurately represent my services and their potential. I am committed to working with my clients to help them achieve their goals, and live the life they wish to live. However, I cannot guarantee results or suggest that the testimonials of others will be typical to your experience.
When you access The Website, We will learn certain information about you, both automatically and through voluntary actions you make take during your visit. This policy applies to your actions on The Website and in e-mail communication with any of the domains listed.
You may have shared with us your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address when you voluntarily provide this information to elect to receive information, products or services delivered by The Company. Automatically, information that is stored automatically by cookies and other session tools may include your IP address and any shopping history on The Website. We use this information to communicate with you for sales or invoicing, for gathering insight that helps enhance your customer experience and to analyze our client database in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of services, products and information we offer.
We process your personal data in order to fulfill any obligations rising from the law, and any data used outside these purposes will be anonymized. We do not share your personal data with any third parties unless required by law to do so. In compliance with CAN-SPAM Act, all emails clearly state the sender information, including contact information, and the ability to quickly unsubscribe. The Website takes all steps possible to comply with the outlined requirements of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which standardizes data privacy laws across the European Union.